Monday, August 27, 2007

The Start


Hi everybody, this is my first post of hopefully many that will detail my trip into Europe.

I thought I would give everyone a brief run-down of my pre-study abroad travels. I am leaving from Los Angeles and heading for Europe on the 28th of August. I end up in Paris for a day layover before arriving in Rome, Italy. I am going to travel through Rome, Florence and some smaller towns of Italy including Cinque Terre (pictured), Sienna and Pisa for 2 weeks. I then fly out of Italy and head to Paris to meet a friend that is in the same abroad program in Berlin. We are going to travel Paris and elsewhere in France for 10 days before we head to Munich on September 21st for Oktoberfest! 2 nights in Munich will be suffice to jump start my German exposure of fine beers. From Munich we will meet the rest of our program in Berlin and begin school at the Humboldt University ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Berlin )September 26th.

I will conclude my first entry with the reinsurance that I will maintain my blog on a regular basis with stories, pictures and other forms of media that can maybe do justice in describing some aspects of my trip. I hope that you check my blog for updates and encourage me to not be lazy and write more about my journey.

Ciao,

- Josh.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Thanks for the phone call at 4AM!! I thought it was my alarm =[

Thanks for the great message and im glad to hear you are having a blast!

lu