Monday, October 15, 2007

What it is


I should be reading, I should also be writing and I should really be filming my movie. But to be honest I'm in a different state of mind right now. I feel like blogging! This past weekend the entire class went on a weekend retreat to Koldenhof, which is a small village that is bordered by a gigantic lake. I found myself playing soccer in a field behind the local church/graveyard. The field's sidelines were miles and miles of picturesque fields.
The lake that makes this city famous was surreal. I have had this feeling with a lot of Germany. The environment, culture and history all seem too dramatic in either a beautiful or horrifying way.
The lake could have been featured in any Disney movie because it was too much like a fairy tale. The first thing you see when walking down a steep hill to the lake is a man with his small dog companion ferrying people across the lake on his little boat. The autumn leaves were falling off the trees and the lake was crystal clear.
We also had a campfire that night and watched the shooting stars. I've never in my life have seen so many stars. Ok now this is sounding like some corny Disney movie so I'm going to sign off.

No comments: